Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday

This has to be one of the most beautiful days Los Angeles has seen in a few weeks. Not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect. This kind of weather is about the only thing that got me through the "rough" patches I experienced when moving here on my own a while back, and perfect sunny days like these remind me of the power of individuality. The winds of change. It makes me think back on that time and reminds me that anything is possible. This weather invigorates me to no end.
I just read a script. An amazing script, actually. I really enjoyed it. I had to read it as homework for an acting class I'm taking right now. Acting is a perfect profession for those of us who suffer from ADD. Scripts are like magazines. Unlike a 500 page book - a script allows you to read dialogue, see a setting, and move through it as though you were speaking with someone. And even though it isn't shorter, for me, it's more fun than reading a book, and keeps my attention peaked throughout. I love reading scripts. I could do it all day. My kind of reading, for sure.
I'm getting ready for a busy week. I'm heading up to NY on Wednesday to visit my Aunt Nora, where I'll meet my dad, little brother and sister for a few days. And then we're all flying to Atlanta together to be with my family on Easter. It will be a busy, but nice weekend. I definitely visit home a lot. I feel very fortunate where that is concerned. Getting to see them so often - while being so far away - makes the distance not seem so far. Especially when my older brother and his wife are expecting their first born. I hate being so far away. I'll have to include some pictures of my trip while I'm traveling.
I hope everyone is having the kind of day I am today...